Home / About visas / Do I need a Chinese visa

Do I need a Chinese visa

Visas for P. R. China (New Instructions Effective on 1 September 2013)

Do I need a visa?

No visa is required if you belong to the following categories:

1. According to bilateral agreements between China and foreign countries, citizens of some countries who meet requirements set out in the bilateral agreements may enter China without a visa. You may read for details the List of Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption between the China and Foreign Countries.
2. Hold connected passenger tickets and are in transit to a third country or region by an international aircraft, ship or train via China, will stay for not more than 24 hours in China without leaving the port of entry.

3.No visas are required for citizens of the following countries, who hold valid passports with confirmed onward tickets and seats on international flights, and transit through a) Beijing International Airport and stay in Beijing, or b) Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai and stay in Shanghai, or c) Guangzhou Baiyun Airport and stay in Guangdong province, or d) Chengdu Shuangliu Airport and stay in Chengdu, for no more than 72 hours: Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lativa, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, America, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the Uinted Arab Emirates, Qatar. FAQ On 72-hour Transit Visa Exemption for Foreign Nationals.

4. Citizens of the countries having diplomatic relations with China holding ordinary passports and on a tour to Hong Kong or Macao, and participating in group tours to the Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area for a stay of less than 6 days organized by the travel services registered in Hong Kong or Macao, shall not need to apply for a visa. The Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area refers to the following cities: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou.

5.Citizens of the following countries holding ordinary passports , and in group tours to Hainan Province for a stay of no more than 15 days organized by the international travel services approved by the National Tourism Administration of China and registered in Hainan Province, shall not need to apply for visas: America, Malaysia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, Britain, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Japan and Singapore. Among those mentioned above, a tourist group of citizens of Republic of Korea, Germany and Russia may stay for no more than 21 days.

6. Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan holding ordinary passports may enter China without a visa provided that they come to China for tourism, family visit, business or transit, and intend to stay in China for no more than 15 days. However, the following personnel of these three countries must apply for a visa in advance if: a) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for tourism, family visit or business, and intend to stay in China for more than 15 days; b) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for study, employment, permanent residence or on a news reporting mission.

7. A holder of a valid APEC Business Travel Card.

8.A holder of a valid Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People’s Republic of China issued by the Public Security organs in China.

9. A holder of a valid Permanent Residence Card for Aliens of the P R China.

Call Now